Equal Housing Opportunity
The Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in housing because of: Race or Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Familial status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians; pregnant women and people securing custody of children under 18) or Disability.
In Regard to Mortgage Lending:
No one may take any of the following actions based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status or disability:
• Refuse to make a mortgage loan.
• Refuse to provide information regarding loans.
• Impose different terms or conditions on a loan, such as different interest rates, points or fees.
• Discriminate in appraising property.
• Refuse to purchase a loan or set different terms or conditions for purchasing a loan.
Click here to learn more about the Fair Housing Act at the HUD website.